Tips for Air Conditioning Service Before Summer
Spring is approaching, which means you may need to get your air conditioning service done before the warmer weather. Bay Area homeowners may have a long list of projects they wish to tackle once Spring truly arrives. So let’s plan to get the AC unit ready for summer as a priority! This is especially if you wish to get your Bay Area air conditioning repair done before the first heat wave arrives! Some tasks are DIY, like removing winter covers, clearing debris and changing filters. But deeper inspections should be conducted by HVAC services for Bay Area.
Think of that as the first of several spring air conditioning and home energy tips. Here are some other steps to consider:
- Have a Bay Area air conditioning service expert check your home insulation. You need at least nine to ten inches throughout the attic area to prevent the loss of your cooled air.
- Call a Bay Area air conditioning repair service to perform a seasonal inspection and service to make sure there are no problems once you need to switch the system on.
- Change that AC filter! Set reminders to check it every few months, especially during fire season.
- Hire a Bay Area air conditioning service who can check the duct work for dust build-up, breaks in the joints and seams, and other issues.
- Use mild soap and warm water to carefully wash the exterior of your AC unit, removing any dirt or debris from the fin area and outer housing (be careful not to bend the fins while doing this cleaning).
- Open any crawl space vents if your property has one under the house. If you don’t and be sure that you have a vapor barrier in place on the soil or earth under the house. (This does not apply to homes on slab foundations.)
- Finally, as you should do annually, check out the doors and windows all around the property. If they are not sealing properly or having issues opening or closing fully, they could make your air conditioning system work overtime trying to cool your home in hot weather
Do You Need Bay Area Air Conditioning Services?
Now is the perfect time to get experts in to help service the HVAC system in your home or property. To get professional help with HVAC services in the Bay Area, contact Element Home Solutions. We can provide a free quote and ensure your air conditioning system can work its very best this spring, summer and for years to come.