7 Spring Air Conditioning Tips
Spring is in the air and that means that most home and property owners are facing a long list of projects and work essential to prepare for the coming seasons. Whether it is tidying up the yard, planting a garden, making outdoor repairs or getting Bay Area air conditioning repair, these must be viewed as essential projects. While many of them are definitely DIY, HVAC services for Bay Area home and property owners should be done by experts.
Think of that as the first of the seven spring air conditioning tips, but also consider these additional steps:
- Have Bay Area air conditioning services and home insulation experts check the attic insulation. You need at least nine to ten inches throughout the attic area to prevent the loss of your cooled air.
- Call an Bay Area air conditioning repair service to perform a seasonal inspection and service to make sure there are no problems before you switch the system on.
- Change the system filter and make plans to do this each month moving forward.
- See if there are experts in Bay Area air conditioning services who can check the duct work for breaks or blockages, and other issues.
- Mix up a batch of mild soap and warm water, and use it to carefully wash the exterior of the unit, removing any dirt or debris from the fin area (being very careful that you do not bend the fins while doing this cleaning), and the outer housing of the unit.
- Don’t forget to open any under the house vents if your property is a peer and beam foundation and be sure that you have visqueen (special plastic sheeting) in place on the soil or earth under the house (applies to crawl spaces and not standard buildings with poured foundations).
Another of the important springtime air conditioning tips would include checking out the doors and windows all around the property. If they are not sealing properly or having issues opening or closing fully, they could make your air conditioning system work overtime and yet fail to keep things cool throughout the summer.
Do You Need Bay Area Air Conditioning Services?
Now is the perfect time to get experts in to help service the HVAC system in your home or property. To get professional help with attic insulation and HVAC services in the Bay Area, contact Element Home Solutions. They can provide a free quote and ensure your air conditioning system can work its very best this spring, summer and for years to come.