Why You Should Add Air Ducts to Your Spring Cleaning List
Are you breathing clean air in your home? Of course, you want to! But, you may not be seeing particulates in your indoor air. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association, representing over 1,000 cleaning companies, reports that an average 6-room house collects 40lbs. of dust and allergens in its air ducts each year. Surprising, right? If you need San Jose heater repair or other HVAC services, read about another service you might also be missing.
Even more concerning is that people who suffer from “hay fever” or allergies are susceptible to the dust mites, mold, particles and allergens found in air ducts, carpets, furniture, draperies and on other surfaces in the home.
How Do I Get Better Air Quality in My Home?
Here are some key ways to breathe cleaner air in your home:
- Vacuum carpets and wash small rugs and floor mats each week. Carpets are a main collector and filter for things in the air that may cause breathing problems.
- Clean Furniture. For longer upholstery life and a cleaner environment, deep clean furniture about once a month.
- Ceiling fans. Fans are real dust magnets. Wipe and vacuum well every couple of months.
- Draperies and window treatments. These are great dust collectors, so they need to be vacuumed or wiped clean about quarterly.
- Furnace Cleaning. Have your furnace serviced annually by a Bay Area heating services professional. Replace the furnace filters at least quarterly—that is an easy and inexpensive fix that you can do yourself. It is easy to gauge the amount of dirt being circulated simply by looking at the dirty filter surface.
- Air Duct Cleaning. Vacuum your air vents and the entry part of your vents every few months. You should also consider scheduling a professional vent cleaning annually.
When Do I Start?
Now is a great time to call a professional Bay Area heating service to provide high quality upkeep on your heating system. Your heating system is an important and expensive investment in your home. A qualified Bay Area heating repair company will examine the function of your heating system and will clean and maintain essential parts to improve healthy air conditions and efficient running quality. This will reduce heating system costs and better insure your household safety.
As spring approaches and we do our annual “Spring Cleaning,” you’ll want to have a heater repair local San Jose company come out to clean your vents. Make that a part of your annual ‘healthy checklist.’
How Do I Know If I Need Vent Cleaning?
Ask yourself these questions to know it is time to have your vents cleaned:
- When was the last time that you had your vents cleaned?
- Do you see dust collected on surfaces of your house no matter how frequently you clean?
- Do you notice irritation or allergy symptoms when your heating system turns on?
Take Action to Breathe Better By Hiring Local HVAC Services!
Your choice for quality heating services Bay Area professional work is Element Home Solutions. Contact them today for a free quote on HVAC Services.